The course will also explore the areas where there is typically co-ordination between user researchers or designers with business analysts, and cover strategies for enhancing this working relationship.
The workshop will cover the fundamentals of usability, user experience and the User Centred Design (UCD) process:
- Applying usability & UX principles from the earliest project stages through to final evaluation
- Researching and documenting the context of use through user observation, interviews, personas, scenarios, and customer journey maps.
- Specifying user needs and requirements and their key role in the UCD process
- Designing solutions: interface design, usability guidelines and core design principles with examples from several different industries
- Information architecture: goals and methods to improve the findability of content
- Digital accessibility: resources and methods for inclusive design
- Usability testing and evaluation: an overview on usability testing and other evaluations
- Bringing it all together – the role of UX Strategy
Chris is the founder and CEO of User Vision, one of the UK’s leading independent UX and service design consultancies. He has led user research and applied that to improve interface and interaction design for clients worldwide and across many sectors especially finance, government and travel. He has worked alongside BAs and seen first-hand how priorities from user research can be compromised by business and technology drivers.
He has a genuine interest in how the two fields can best work together and he has provided training in UX and user-centered design to many BAs. Chris is the UK National Expert for the UX Qualification Board which helps promote the user-centered design process based on relevant standards. His personal UX passions are creating good navigation, ensuring solutions address user tasks, not just business goals and promoting inclusive design and accessibility.